Friday, July 21, 2006

Shazza rocks!

I've met Sharon J. And yes, she certainly does rock ... Talk about one cool sister ...

So now that's two 5 star new blogmates who have crossed from virtuality to reality. First there was the wonderful Maxine, now Sharon ... Next stop, Minx?

What an amazing unanticipated bonus on the day MSN Spaces published their Blogging Britain report, showing that 1 in 4 internet users in Britain is doing what you're doing right now ... (though not on this blog!)

MSN hosts 3,000,000 British registered blogs, which in itself represents a mere 25% of total UK blog traffic. (By the way, I didn't see this in the Daily Mail which, you probably won't be surprised to hear, is not my usual paper. Just a quickie to link while I try to deal with yet another Trojan bleeding Horse ...)

Anyway, back to the amazing Sharon. We met in a pub in Greenwich. My boys were really taken with Lise, Sharon's daughter. Which is just as well as it left me and the mightily-cool Sharon to talk ... and talk ... and talk ...

I think given the opportunity, we'd be amazed at the number of things we agree on, but by far the most emphatic is that we hadn't had nearly enough time, having barely scratched the surface ...

Which means that we'll definitely have to meet up again. And again ... And then again ...

Right. We're off to Sandwich in Kent for the weekend to road test the camping equipment prior to the big trek west in August. Storms forecast ... Ho hum ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya, I'm glad you enjoyed meeting my mum. It looked like you both enjoyed each other :) ... I was saying to mum that I hope you two meet again as you just seemed to klick straigh away! Lise

Unknown said...

Come on down Debi.
Kick back, slip off your shoes and feel the sand between your toes. But could you please bring a few windows with you, or some air conditioning...tres chaud!