Friday, January 11, 2008

My, how the years fly by ...

It seems only yesterday that a patter of tiny keys heralded the birth of my bouncing baby blog.

Just look at her now ...

She has 117 links with other li'l lit bloggers, many of whom she's now met in Real Life.

This will be her 938th post.

According to Stat Counter, she's received 36,465 visits.
Site Meter has counted 50,315.

(Since neither were set up at the birth, I suppose these numbers are pretty meaningless.
But hey, it's coming up to my blogday. Give me a break, will you?)

To commemorate 2 years of beautiful blogginess, I'm going to do the same as I did this time last year.

So here goes. These are the first sentences of the first posts for each month of the last year.

January

Behold - a blog is born

I'd like you all to join me in welcoming Meloney Lemon to the blogosphere.

February

Mystery Women in Oxford

Mystery Women are holding an event at Blackwell's bookshop in Oxford at 6.30pm on 7th February.

March

Linkfest

I've recently joined a Bloggers with Book Deals forum set up by the indefatigable Clare at Boob Pencil.

April

Blogging from the dark side

All life is here in the blogosphere.

May

Seeking Retribution

I need your help to devise a suitable punishment for G.

June

Heads up - we're in the Guardian ...

The review section of Saturday's Guardian has a 'From the blogs' section chosen by the editor of Guardian Unlimited books.

July

Justice

Rachel's cyberstalker (see here and here) has been jailed for 6 months (see here and here) after she was caught in an internet cafe.

August

Sitting on the edge of the world, ma

So there I was, sitting on the edge of the world, surrounded by people I love ...
... and thinking about ...

September

Hi, honey. I'm home ...

It may not have escaped your attention that I've been a bit scarce of late.

October

Don't know what it signifies but ...

Wow! Look at what just cropped up in my stat meter ...

November

Debi and her Dad. Part 7


I seem to have spread quite a bit of doom and gloom about the NHS with this series of posts.

December

Debi and her Dad. Part 10

So there was I, planning a post about my fabarooni weekend, but you never know what's around the corner.

7 comments:

Marie said...

Happy blogday!

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Debi,happy blogday and many more to come. How about celebrating by joining my Multiple Personalities project? Yours would be fantastic, I'm sure.

Unknown said...

Congratulations - here's to more years and more posts!

S. Kearney said...

Happy 2nd blogday! :-)

Debi said...

Cheers m'dears.

Rachel said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Wandering Traveller xx