Monday, February 18, 2008

There's a first time for everything

I've never before amended a post once it's published.
It's unlikely many (if any) people would notice the changes, so altering the content later feels dishonest to me.
The comments made would have reflected the original, which would stay in people's minds.

In this case, I'm sure the post really would have lingered in people's minds, as it was a very sad tribute in memory of a tragic life.

I published a later post, but have continued to feel uncomfortable with certain elements of the original that I was concerned may have caused further suffering to those who were already struggling.

So I've amended it with an explanation.
I dedicate this to all those who are homeless and struggling with addiction as well as to their families.

No comments: